Monday 6 April 2015

Kraft Plus - April Challenge

Kraft plus has a recipe for April...and I love a good recipe -


Along with these colours - the recipe includes, 
A dash of Washi tape
One cup of Polka dots
A twist of cotton
3 tags
A sprinkling of silver
One teaspoon of stamping

...off to the kitchen, oops Craft room I went....searched for the colours first and 
created this layout...



Starting with a sheet of Kaisercraft P1594 Pinstripe (reverse) from the Mix & Match collection (Kraft, White, Black and Red...what a combination!) I used Impasto to adhere and as a resist the 'rubbish backing' from the Joint Tape used in another layout - it was a Kraft colour so I couldn't just bin it, could I? After it was dry, I adhered a kraft colour doiley from Joybell's and then tore strips from the Kaisercraft printed tape and lay them over this doiley. The Hessian was pre-printed with Polka Dots and I just trimmed it into a banner and adhered. I punched out the photos of Aunty Sandra and I - few years ago! I lay the tags over the page and spritzed with the New Kaisermists in Denim and Red, allowing the overspray to colour the page - I also rubbed the excess around the border to pick up the resist! A little stamping with the Kaisercraft 'Cherish' around the edges of the cluster. I also used the page as a messy mat when using the versamark on the "You & Me" chip board title - so I added some random sprinklings of Stampendous 'Chunky White' around and over the Basic Grey 'Spice Markets' metal embellishments (perfect colours for this challenge!!) One of the Washi tapes (Orange Chevron) had lost it's 'stick'...not too worry, tear a piece and tie in a bow for the top of two of the tags - the other tag is from The Scrap Cottage 'coloured Muslin' price tag (how cute is that!)

Just checking the recipe -
A dash of Washi tape - under the photos and as a bow!
One cup of Polka dots - printed hessian!
A twist of cotton - on the top tag and also a black tassel!
3 tags - two with photos & the third with the title!
A sprinkling of silver - sprinkling of silver sequins and a key die cut from a can (Thank you Natalie Griffin)
One teaspoon of stamping - Cherish from Kaisercraft!

How good is the KRAFT PLUS challenge group - so many entries each month, such a clever DT and something a little different each month to use with Kraft...
Alison x




No comments:

Post a Comment