Wednesday 21 September 2016

Kraft Plus - Guest for October

Imagine my surprise when I saw a message from the lovely Sandra Wallace, 
asking if I'd be interested in being a Guest for 

Kraft Plus 

in October...
Me? Yes! Really? Yes!
Okay, I'll have a go...

My name is Alison and I love crafting!!



I also love my husband of almost 25 years and our 3 children (23.18 &16) who challenge me daily!
I've been creating 'things' from a young child and always like to gift something which I have made especially for that person, even if it is only the card! I created a scrapbook for my Brother-in-law's 21st over 15 years ago but it wasn't till we moved back to Brisbane about 10 years ago and I would go to card classes with Aunty Sandra that I really loved paper!
I've taught at the Kaisercraft outlet at Browns Plains and was part of the DT for almost 3 years. I am now part of the Couture Creations DT. I create kits for sale, organise scrapbook events  - including Workshop Wonders, Bus tours, and have Cruise 2 and 3 in 2017 - so much fun!!

I always enjoy participating in a challenge!!

Kraft Plus is one of my favourites, even if I run out of month to participate, I enjoy looking at the entries... some people are seriously clever!!

...and so this is the Mood board for October



I'm not sure whether I should be proud that I still have some of these items in my stash or perhaps, embarrassed that I do!!
I found this cute photo of our niece and nephew
added some paper from the 'Be Merry' collection by Ultimate Crafts
...and some bits & some more bits
and this is what happened

'Super Heros'



I started by trimming the Kraft to 11", sprayed a little Spray Gesso in the middle (it kind of makes a nice glow?) I've then traced a small paper plate and using a metal ruler cut random lines through the centre to create a BLAST (like in the Mood Board) The patterned paper is covered with yellow and grey stars at 12" and the kraft adhered in the centre.
The Mood Board has Red, Yellow and Blue so I chose embellishments in those colours.
Ric rac? Yes, red and blue... and it is even velvet ric rac!
Eyelets? Yes, there is yellow and gold 'holding' down the blast pieces!
The metallic blue star under the Y is a brad!



Buttons? Yes, a giant one, and apple one and a couple with twine to tie!
Vellum? Yes, in the silver frame - love vellum!
Dymo? Yes, mini title and sub title  - I have a couple of different fonts!



The yellow star comes from the Ultimate Crafts 'Be Merry & Bright' Ephemera set!
I added a little stamping around the edge with a Dina Wakley set!
There is a little Imaginarium Designs chipboard, just sprayed with the Gesso!
The remainder of a packet of Cocoa Vanilla 'stars' - cute!
My2angels 'date' pin (which is made with a 'punch'), red felt star and the white scroll star too!
I could tell you that the Kraft is 'old paper' but only really a couple of months 'old'?

...which means I managed to squeeze in ALL of the items from the Mood board - hooray!!

Thank you so much Sandra for inviting me - I had so much fun creating this page for our Niece and Nephews album!!

Get YOUR entry in before the end of October!!
Alison xx


No comments:

Post a Comment