Wednesday 14 December 2016

Get Crafty - December challenge

My lovely friends Jody, Tracey and Vicki have a new Facebook Group called
Get Crafty
there will be crop days, challenges and more in 2017 
super exciting!!

The December challenge is
an Inspiration picture
and Colours too!!
Berry, Tangerine, Chocolate and Teal - unusual combination?

No automatic alt text available.

I picked up some lovely feather chipboards from Scrapmatts when they were in town for Craft Alive in November and Triple Treat in December, not sure I had an exact plan at the time... just like feathers? lol
But, when I saw the dreamcatcher image in the photo with those on trend colours, I had an idea...

No automatic alt text available.

When I was looking through my stash of Scrapmatts it occured to me the top of this COULD be a dreamcatcher.... well, it could -

So I snipped off the semi circle and used the strips to add more to the dreamcatcher part, using twine to attach or a little authenticity!!
A little washi tape behind in co-ordinating colours,

Image may contain: outdoor

The feathers were -
Misted, added Crackle paint, Alcohol inks, reinkers, Izinks,
just about anything that was in these colours?

Then sprinkled some Flower soft and Prills and let it all dry!!

No automatic alt text available.

Then just adhered all of those feathers - largest to smallest - so they looked like they were flowing down...
and added some more sprinkles with the mist...and,

DREAM

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Photo is our son Tim, a few years ago... he is still at Uni - layout created to remind him to keep his DREAM big and keep working towards it - we will always be proud of him!!
Alison xx

No comments:

Post a Comment