Monday 16 February 2015

Scrapping Outback - February challenge


Did you see the beautiful 'cocktail' which is the inspiration for Scrapping Outback's challenge this month?


Unusual? Yes!! So I went searching for some of these colours...


When I was searching for an appropriate photo, I found Nana and Dar sitting on THIS lounge! Perfect for this months colours!

I'd recently purchased a 12x12 Memory Maze chipboard pack with some corners flourishes - this is the largest! - I heat embossed, randomly, browns & golds (and gave it a bit of a smudge with Gelatos) the background was covered with builders mesh and then misted with Tim Holtz Distress Stain, Lindy's Stamp Gang and Tattered Angels Chalkboard 'Banana Pudding' - smeared a couple of patches of Prima Art Basics Platinum Crackle.... then dry! When it almost dry, I added some Gelatos in Yellows and Gold! I found the offcut of a Manor House Creations Frame and tucked it behind the photo before embellishing with some flowers (the OLD Prima ones were perfect 'yellow & Brown'!) a twist of cotton, a snip of crochet doiley and a Scrapmatts 'Love' chipboard (heat embossed in dark brown) finished the layout!!

Enjoy, Alison x

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing Alison - considering I heard you say "I don't like yellow" lol...fabulous textures and techniques. Love the chippies you've used and did you know that Manor House is available at Scrapping Outback too?!!!! http://scrappingoutback.com/manufacturers/manor-house-creations Thanks for creating in Feb. please come back in March ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the colours... yellow would be my least favourite! lol
      Yes I did know SO has MHC products - love them!
      March? depends on the cocktail ;)

      Delete
    2. he he watch this space, naturally - you'll LOVE the March cocktail ;)

      Delete
    3. haha will I? is it Copper, that is really my favourite... or green?

      Delete
  2. A perfect photo and one to cherish. Lovely page with a great background. Hope you will join in again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - that giant chipboard corner flourish was the key!

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love this amazing layout Alison! Thank you so much for playing along once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandrine - I really enjoy the SO Challenge :)

      Delete